I go hyper right after taking white sugar, cannot digest milk and get itchy with eggs...
OK. Time to make macro donuts :)
Just made some adjustment with my cannoli dough recipe I was working on and they came out beautifully.
Here is how to make;
to make 8 donuts
1 cup unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch seasalt
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 oz extra firm tofu (appx. 1/4 of a package)
2 tablespoons soy margarine
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
safflower oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
2. In a measuring cup, put all the wet ingredients except for the oil and mix with a hand mixer.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and knead gently. Set aside for 30-45 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and form balls. Flatten each ball, poke the middle of each round with index fingers and make circles. If the dough tends to stick, use some flour to prevent it from sticking.
5. Heat the oil to 325°F. Gently drop each circle into the oil. Fry until slightly brown, flip them over and keep frying until they turn golden brown.
6. Drain excess oil on a sheet of paper towel. Arrange them on a plate. Sprinkle with maple sugar or enjoy with your favorite jam, cream, fruits, etc. if you like ;)
Fresh Strawberry Tofu Cream ♥
Green Tea Mint Chocolate ♪
Crunchy Almond Chocolate ☆
My fav was the strawberry :p
Next time, I would add some orange zest to my dough and bake them instead of frying...
Love, Peace and Gratitude.